100Trees Climate Initiative: Net Zero Carbon Emissions
We will plant 100 trees for every director delegate booking day you attend and a bonus 300 tree planting when you complete our full Certificate Board Director Course Program. If you were to attend our full Certificate Board Director Course Program, we would plant enough trees to offset 100% of your personal annual CO2 emissions.
You would become “Net Zero Carbon” as you would have Net Zero Carbon Emissions.
Your company would also move towards “Net Zero Carbon” by encouraging and financing their people to become “Net Zero Carbon”, by offsetting their personal CO2 emissions.
If you attend just one of our 3 day course modules, we will plant 300 trees for you; offsetting 3,690kg, or 23%, of your annual carbon dioxide emissions.
Trees take in CO2, Carbon Dioxide, from the air and through a process called Carbon Sequestration store carbon in their roots, trunks and other organic matter. The Louisiana State University conducted a 40 year study and concluded that mangrove forests were the most efficient. They store more carbon than all the tropical forests combined. Mangroves live in salt water, so they do not consume good agricultural land.
- 1 Mangrove absorbs 12.3kg of CO2 per year
- Globally the average person produces 16,000kg of CO2 per year
- To offset these CO2 emissions, you would need to plant 1,300 mangroves
Whichever Director training course you attend with us, will be a great start in offsetting your personal Carbon Dioxide emissions. In case you want to do more; 20% of your emissions are due to a meat eating diet. You could cut down on the amount of meat you eat, or you could just attend more of our courses. For more lifestyle carbon emission comparison figures, please see later below.
We will plant a mix of trees, which will in addition to reducing your CO2 emissions to net zero, provide multiple environmental and diversity benefits, including:
- Biodiversity to help wildlife to thrive and to ensure that natural sources of medicines are preserved
- Some crop yielding trees to provide an income for the women and their families of the local villages, as well as to provide an economic reason for them to preserve and nurture the local natural habitat
- Tree types particularly well suited to the local climate and soil conditions
- Natural vegetation complementary to the trees we have planted
- Trees specifically likely to best create sustainable forestry corridors, to link isolated surviving pockets of forests. This is important to the animals confined within the forest islands and to the rare and diminishing types of plants within
The trees we are planting include a wide and diverse mix ranging from Teak to Mangrove.
NET ZERO CARBON EMISSIONS CERTIFICATION
We will validate the amount of CO2, Carbon Dioxide, emissions that you offset. After your first course and then at intervals, we would send you a certificate confirming what you have done for the planet. We would send you a special Commemoration Certificate, once you achieve Net Zero Carbon Emissions.
The average well to do male in a western developed economy, such as the USA or the UK, creates these annual carbon dioxide emissions. The necessary mangrove tree offsets are:
- Meat eater diet, 3,300kg, 268 mangroves
- 10,000 car miles @ 40mpg, 2,468kg, 201 mangroves
- 10,000 air miles, 2,010kg, 163 mangroves
- Home energy, 7,960kg, 647 mangroves
- Other sundry, 3,000kg, 244 mangroves
THE VIDEO BELOW PROVIDES MORE INFORMATION ON THE TREE PLANTING PROGRAMS THAT WE SUPPORT