All items on this page refer only to Open/Scheduled Courses – Nothing applies to Internal/In-House Course Bookings
All refunds are at the sole discretion of the management, however if you make a mistake and process multiple credit card payments, please contact us and we will refund your credit card account in full.
Cancellation and Transfer Policy – Overview
Our standard booking terms allow delegates to cancel an existing booking in order to transfer their booking onto a new course date, for the same course, up to six weeks before the date of the original event; subject to a £90 plus VAT administration fee per delegate.
We recommend that all delegates purchase Transfer Period Extension (TPE), at the time of booking, which costs an additional £60 per course day, plus VAT, per delegate.
TPE extends the delegate cancellation/transfer period to any time up to the day before the start of the workshop. This covers non-attendance for any reason providing you notify us at least by 17.00 the day before the event begins and have written evidence of our receipt of your non-attendance notification. This might be for example our acknowledgement email.
When there is less than 6 weeks to the event and Transfer Period Extension has not been purchased, cancellation by, or on behalf of, delegates is charged at the full price and transfer to an alternative event, date or location is not permitted. This applies to all and any reasons. These would include any reasons outside of the delegate’s direct control such as adverse weather, transport strikes, Ofsted inspections, national emergencies and illness.
General Terms and Conditions – Applies to all bookings
- Event fees, unless otherwise stated, include lunch, coffees, teas, tuition and delegate packs for personal use
- Venue details and joining instructions are normally issued by email on or before the week prior to the event
- Payment is required at the earlier of 30 days from the invoice date or the day before the event
- Delegate substitutions are accepted prior to the start of the event without any additional charges
- Delegate cancellations from a booked course for transfers onto the same course, at a later date within the next 3 months, are accepted up to 6 weeks before the event, subject to availability and the payment of an additional transfer administration fee of £90 + VAT per delegate
- Cancellation/Transfer requests must be made in writing, by email or letter
- Cancellation/transfer requests received will be confirmed in writing by email
- Delegates need to ensure they receive and retain our authorisation/confirmation notice
- Cancellations, transfers and changes are only valid when we have confirmed in writing by post or email
- Where delegates are unable to evidence our receipt of the cancellation/transfer request then the full fee remains payable
- In the event of transfer to a higher priced event, an invoice will be issued to cover the difference from the original amount paid and must be paid within 30 days. The original invoice will still remain payable on the original invoice collection date
- Late payments will be subject to a fee of £50 + VAT per month overdue, plus the cost of any collection fees, including legal costs
- We reserve the right to amend or cancel events at short notice for reasons beyond our control.
- If an event is cancelled by us, then all fees paid will be refunded, including any TPE fees.
Delegate Cancellations and Transfers – less than 6 weeks to the Event
WITHOUT Transfer Period Extension
Should a delegate be unable to attend for any reason then the invoice still remains payable in full and delegates are NOT permitted to transfer to alternative events, dates or locations.
This applies to each and every situation and circumstance, this includes issues that may also be outside the control of the delegate(s) due to attend. This could include, for example, but is not limited to:
- Adverse Weather
- Transport Problems, including strike, dispute and equipment failures
- Personal issues, both minor and serious
- Business issues, including staff shortage, meetings, audits and inspections
WITH Transfer Period Extension, an additional £60 + VAT, per course day, per delegate
Purchase of the Transfer Period Extension (TPE) option would allow delegates to transfer their booking onto a new course date, for the same course, on another date or at an alternative location, at any time up to the day before the event begins, provided the delegate can evidence receipt of our authorisation/confirmation notice. This is subject to the availability of the selected alternative course date, which must be within three months of the original course date.
- TPE is not transferable between delegates
- TPE must be taken out individually for each delegate as required
- Transfer Period Extension is only available at the time of booking
- TPE is event specific and cannot be transferred between events
- TPE can be used only once. If a delegate transfers and wishes TPE to apply to the new event then an additional TPE payment is required if the delegate wishes TPE cover to also apply to the new course date
- In the event of a course cancellation/transfer the TPE premium is non-refundable
Cancellations with Multiple Delegate Discounts
Where multiple delegates from the same organisation book on the same event. It is possible that discounts may have been applied to the second and/or subsequent delegate bookings. Where this occurs, cancellation and transfer by one or more delegates for any reason, including the use of TPE, may reduce the discount entitlement that the remaining delegates are entitled to. Any credit note or refund due to the delegate who is transferring, will be adjusted to balance any discounts which would no longer be valid.
For example: on a group booking of 3 delegates where the first delegate is charged £600, the second £500 and the third £400. A valid and accepted cancellation/transfer by the second delegate would result in a refund of £400 less any cancellation/transfer charge. In terms of cost, the third delegate has in effect assumed and been charged the rate of the second delegate. Hence it is effectively the third delegate’s charge that has been cancelled/transferred.